Monday, October 26, 2009

The Swerved Presents: Dream Match the 78th


David Cassidy vs. The Miz

I'm returning
As I run my knees are aching
And you see my back can't hold up
With all these matches I'm wrestling
Between all of the hirings and firings
I pump my fist up in the air
In these dated tights I wear
Trying to save my own career
But he thinks he's awesome (He thinks he's awesome)

This Monday, I woke up many years older
Years ago I looked much younger
But I just chose to come back anyway
I'd get a payday anyway
And there would be no windows
No breakable barbershop windows
When I'd show myself again
But he thinks he's awesome (He thinks he's awesome)

He thinks he's awesome
So what if he gets to pin me?
I've got many more appearances in me
And I'm good friends with other old guys
He thinks he's awesome
So what if he gets to beat me?
Though I don't think the youthful crowd can say
That they know who the hell I am today


The Question:
Who wins and how?


*****

NEXT WEEK

Don't go, Shane McMahon. There's no soft cushions where you're falling.

AND

A book hasn't caused this much trouble since Where's Waldo went to that barber pole factory.

No comments: